Roasted Potato Salad with Green Beans and Crybaby
- 1 ½ pounds small white potatoes
- 1 tablespoon + 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pound fresh green beans cut in half
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 ounces Arethusa Crybaby, cut into 1” x 1/4” sticks
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Wash potatoes, dry, cut in half and put into a bowl along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Toss potatoes to coat; then place them cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes.
While potatoes are roasting, cook beans in boiling water until crisp tender, about 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place beans in a large bowl along with remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, mint and ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
Loosen potatoes from baking sheet with a spatula and add to ingredients in bowl. Toss well. Sprinkle cheese over salad, toss again and serve.
Makes 4 servings